9.07.2018
lol sitting around thinking about critically endangered birds, feeling sad, and i recalled one of my earliest childhood memories: one night after watching my cartoons for the night and then all the reruns of i love lucy that aired on nick at night directly after nickelodeon went off the air (i wonder if that's still a thing for the channel to switch over, probably not. also, and this occurred to me even then, that it was a smart move to air that particular nick at night selection right after the cartoons. that was about as kid friendly and, frankly, progressive as you could hope for from that era of tv) and, for the first time in my life, i watched beyond that funny lady (i remember staying up and watching unlimited tv a lot of nights until angrily being kicked out. wtf were my parents actually doing all the time? for sure they drank and blazed) and into the nick at night selection beyond. and the next thing that came on was dragnet, a grizzly detective show, but what aired after that really shook me. it was the old timey commercial about a native american wandering into a big city and crying at someone throwing a bag of fast food on the ground at his feet from a car window. it horrified me. i remember thinking that modern america culture is monstrous, ugly, and dirty LOL AINT MUCH CHANGED
posted by Passenger Pigeon @ 23:56  

Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger